General Surgery Procedures
General surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses primarily on the abdominal organs (intestines, stomach, colon, liver, gallbladder and bile ducts) and hernias. There are also several sub-specialties which are also included in the scope of General Surgery. These sub-specialties include breast surgery, colorectal surgery, endocrine (thyroid and parathyroid) surgery, and endoscopy.
Below is a list of the more common General Surgery Procedures we perform.
- Breast Surgery for Benign and Malignant Disease
- Hernia Repairs-Open and Laparoscopic (Inguinal, Femoral, Umbilical and Incisional)
- Intestinal and Rectal Surgery for Benign and Malignant Disease
- Gastric Surgery for Benign and Malignant Disease
- Rectal Surgery for Hemorrhoids, Fissures and Fistulas
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube Placement (Peg Tube)
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
- Placement of Portacaths, Hickman Catheters and Dialysis Catheters
- Excision of Assorted Skin Lesions and Subcutaneous or Soft Tissue Masses
- Placement of Dialysis Grafts or A-V Fistulas